Saturday, March 3, 2007

Damn technology

This morning I felt obligated to finish the english essay that was due yesterday at 9:00 pm. It was about the Sheikh's role in The Thief and the Dogs. Fun stuff. Naturally, it took me about 1.5 hours to write a solid 3 paragraphs and I was content enough to finish it up with a witty conclusion. But NOO, fate just had to twist its turn as mark came in wanting to use my printer. He plugged in his USB and then my word document disappeared. OH MY GOSH! Where did it go? I still couldn't register the fact that all the work that I had put into those few paragraphs had just gone to waste. I was sad, frustrated, and mostly angry at my brother for having plugged in his usb and he was unfortunate because I needed someone to blame. It was actually the damn computer's fault. Why did it just disappear like that? Sometimes the computer seems to have a life of its own. When it doesn't want to cooperate it most gladly does just that. So...the file was gone. What could do? I had to start ALL OVER again attempting to churn up what I had just written and edited. You would think typing an essay on the computer would save you time but you never know, man, you never know.

No comments: